The most common species of mice in the Carolinas are field mice and house mice. House mice are grayish-brown to black in color. Much smaller than rats, their bodies range in size from 2.5 to 5 inches in length. During the colder months, they invade buildings looking for shelter, food and water. They build nests in quiet areas and multiply quickly.
Whether they are large or small, all rodents are dangerous to your health. Their feces, urine and saliva can contaminate your home and your food with infectious diseases. Gnawing through all types of substances, they can do some serious damage to your house.
Signs of Mice Infestations
Mice generally hide during the day but you may notice these signs in your home. If you see any mice, you can be sure there are many more.
- Live or dead mice
- Scratching sounds
- Small droppings
- Strong urine smell
- Grease marks along the bottom of walls
- Holes and evidence of chewing
Mice Treatment Information
Most rodent issues can be resolved with regular treatments. For more serious infestations, we can perform monthly, or bi-monthly services.
- Your technician will perform a thorough inspection of your house for suspected and current activity. We will focus on normal rodent-activity areas, such as your home’s exterior, attic, basement, kitchen, crawl space and other locations.
- Your Bug Ivey specialist will create a customized treatment plan for the type and amount of activity you’re experiencing. We use a combination of bait stations, traps and exclusion methods to treat rodents.
- Monitoring is a key to obtaining control over rodents in and around your home. During follow-up visits, your technician will check bait stations, monitor traps and inspect for rodent entry points into your home.
- After your treatment has been completed we will guarantee your home free from rodents for 30 days from the date of your treatment. If you have any issues during your warranty period, let us know and we will send a technician at no cost to you.
Bug Ivey can get rid of any rodent problems in your home. Our local, family-owned business is here to keep your household safe.
What Kind of Pest Problem Do You Have?
Bed BugsRead More
Box Elder BugsRead More
Carpenter AntsRead More
Carpenter BeesRead More
Clover MitesRead More
Pill BugsRead More
Wood Boring BeetlesRead More
Hear From Our Clients
Our Service Area
- Carolina Beach
- Indian Trail
- Lake Norman
- Mint Hill
- Mount Holly
- Porters Neck
- South Port
- Surf City
- Wrightsville Beach